Enviva Holds Press Conference and Town Hall in Bond, MS
First of all, thank you to the great people of Stone County, Mississippi for welcoming Enviva with open arms. For over a decade, we have operated in the Magnolia State. You all have served as tremendous community partners, colleagues, and friends from the moment we arrived. From opening our first plant in Amory in 2010, to producing our first sustainable wood pellets in Lucedale in March 2022, we’ve come a long way, and we’re just getting started.
On Tuesday, April 5th 2022, we held a press conference that was open to the public with about 85 people in attendance including Governor Tate Reeves, Representatives from the US Senate, Wicker and Hyde-Smith, Congressman Palazzo, the Stone County Board of Directors, and the Stone County Economic Development Partnership who were all very supportive of our decision to continue to grow in the great state of Mississippi.
Following the press conference we had the chance to connect with nearly 200 people in the local community at a townhall where we shared a fantastic meal from a local caterer, addressed questions regarding our operations and environmental stewardship, and reaffirmed our commitment to making and keeping promises.
The events garnered great media coverage which can be viewed using the links below:
- Washington Post: “Maryland-based company to open Mississippi wood pellet plant”
- Clarion Ledger “Reeves, Enviva CEO talk about economic impact of Stone County plant”
- WLOX (CBS): Governor Reeves visits Stone County to announce new Enviva plant
- WXXV (FOX): Enviva is officially coming to Stone County
- WLOX (CBS): Public hearing gathers opinions, shares information on Enviva plant coming to Stone County
Please continue to visit this website where we will share the progress of our Bond plant, job postings, construction updates, and other news.
Lastly, thank you all for the continued support. We are so excited to share this journey with you.